Protect your investment and plan for the unexpected with a group-discounted travel insurance + protection package specially designed to support student journeys close to home and far away. Our group plans are offered through Travel Insured International.
|POLICY BENEFITS||STUDENT DELUXE||STUDENT DELUXE + CANCEL FOR ANY REASON|
|Trip Cancellation |
Includes scenarios such as personal illness, immediate family illness, and many other covered reasons (view more examples). Note that sickness related to mental health is generally not covered without hospitalization. Review the full plan document for all terms.
100% of Trip Cost1
|100% of Trip Cost1|
|Trip Interruption |
Reimburses up to 150% of your trip cost if you must cut your trip short, join your trip late, or rejoin your trip for a covered reason. This may reimburse unused non-refundable travel arrangements and added transportation costs.
Up to 150% of Trip Cost1
|Up to 150% of Trip Cost1|
|Cancel for Any Reason|
Available on a supplemental basis if the plan is purchased at or prior to your final trip payment due date1
|N/A||Up to 75% of Trip Cost2|
Reimburses up to $150 per day for unused pre-paid expenses and for reasonable hotel and meal costs (among others) when you are delayed six hours or more
|$750 Cap||$750 Cap|
Triggered by a minimum three-hour delay
|$500 Cap||$500 Cap|
|Accident & Sickness Medical Expense |
Pre-existing conditions may be covered if the plan is purchased at or prior to your final trip payment due date3
|$25,000 Cap||$25,000 Cap|
|Emergency Medical Evacuation||$100,000 Cap||$100,000 Cap|
Triggered by a minimum 24 hour delay
|$300 Cap||$300 Cap|
|Baggage and Personal Effects||$1,500 Cap||$1,500 Cap|
Coverages may vary and not all coverage is available in all jurisdictions. Refer to the full plan document for a complete description of coverage. Learn more about coverage related to Covid-19.
- Up to the lesser of the Trip Cost paid or the limit of coverage on your confirmation of coverage. Subject to the maximum benefit amount of $10,000 (individual plans available for trip costs exceeding $10,000).
- Cancel for any reason coverage (CFAR) is up to 75% of the nonrefundable trip cost (subject to $10,000 maximum). CFAR is optional and available if purchased at the time of original plan purchase and with, or before your final payment for your trip, and you paid your Travel Supplier for the full cost for all non-refundable trip costs for your trip prior to your cancellation of your trip. Trip cancellation must be 48 hours or more prior to scheduled departure.
CFAR is not available to New York State residents as a group plan, but it is available as an individual plan for New York State residents when purchased within 21 days of your initial trip payment.
- Pre-existing conditions may be covered if the plan is purchased at or prior to your final trip payment date, you insure the full non-refundable cost of the trip, and you are not disabled from travel at the time you pay the plan cost. Losses due to, arising, or resulting from pre-existing conditions are normally excluded from coverage. However, such losses are covered on the same basis as losses due to, arising, or resulting from all other sicknesses and injuries if you qualify for the Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion Waiver.
The cost of your plan is a function of your total non-refundable travel costs – including the cost of your program and any connecting travel (e.g. flights). Not sure about your final travel costs? Purchase your plan now with the no-hassle option to modify your coverage amounts later.
|COST OF TRIP||STUDENT DELUXE||STUDENT DELUXE + CANCEL FOR ANY REASON|
|$10,001+||See: Individual Plan||See: Individual Plan|
- Certificates, discounts, credits, frequent traveler or frequent flyer rewards, and points applied (in part or in full) towards the cost of your travel arrangements are not considered payments or deposits in this context.
- Scholarships for which you may be financially responsible to the donor in the event you cancel may be counted towards the cost of your travel.
- For travel over 30 days, a $3/day surcharge applies.
- If your travel costs will exceed $10,000, you can obtain similar coverage via an individual travel protection plan.
Choose your group program from the options below. If applicable, select either the standard Student Deluxe plan or Student Deluxe with Cancel for Any Reason.
- Plans are fully refundable within 14 days from the date of purchase.
- The Student Deluxe Plan may be booked any time prior to departure. The Cancel for Any Reason supplement must be booked prior to making your final program payment.
For a complete description of coverage, use the links below to refer to your applicable full plan document according to the state in which you reside.
ELIGIBLE TRAVELERS RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES – VIEW ALTERNATE PLANS FOR CANADIAN TEENS OR WORLDWIDE TEENS
FOR RESIDENTS OF THESE STATES
Alaska, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, Oregon, Texas, Washington State
Teen Travel Insurance is a project of Tlalim Tours Inc.
5185 Macarthur Blvd., NW | Washington, DC 20016
Licensed by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners