Protect your investment and plan for the unexpected with a group-discounted travel insurance + protection package specially designed to support student journeys close to home and far away. Our group plans are offered through Travel Insured International.
|PLAN BENEFITS||MAXIMUM BENEFIT AMOUNT|
|Trip Cancellation |
Includes scenarios such as personal illness, immediate family illness, and many other covered reasons (excludes cancellations related to pre-existing conditions). Review more details of coverage and/or the full plan document for all terms.
100% of Trip Cost1
Cancel for Any Reason [OPTIONAL]
|Up to 75% of Trip Cost2|
Reimburses up to 150% of your trip cost if you must cut your trip short, join your trip late, or rejoin your trip for a covered reason. This may reimburse unused non-refundable travel arrangements and added transportation costs.3
Up to 150% of Trip Cost1
Reimburses up to $250 per day for unused pre-paid expenses and for reasonable hotel and meal costs (among others) when you are delayed six hours or more
Triggered by a minimum three-hour delay
Accident & Sickness Medical Expense
|Medical Evacuation||$250,000 Cap|
|Political or Security Evacuation & Natural Disaster Evacuation||$150,000 Cap|
Triggered by a minimum 24 hour delay
|Baggage and Personal Effects|
Reimbursing up to $250 per article
|Non-Insurance Worldwide Assistance Services||Medical or Legal Referral, Inoculation Information, Hospital Admission Guarantee, Telemedicine, House Calls, Translation Service, Lost Baggage Retrieval, Passport/Visa Information, Emergency Cash Advance, Bail Bond, Prescription Drug/Eyeglass Replacement, ID Theft Resolution Service, Concierge Service, and Business Concierge|
- Up to the lesser of the Trip Cost paid or the limit of coverage on your confirmation of coverage. Subject to the maximum benefit amount of $15,000 (individual plans available for trip costs exceeding $15,000). Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage only applies if trip is cancelled/interrupted by a covered peril.
- Cancel for any reason coverage (CFAR) is up to 75% of the nonrefundable trip cost (subject to $15,000 maximum). CFAR is optional and available if purchased within 14 days of your initial trip payment and if you insure the full non-refundable cost of the trip. Trip cancellation must be 48 hours or more prior to scheduled departure.
CFAR is not available to New York State residents as a group plan, but it is available as an individual plan for New York State residents when purchased within 21 days of your initial trip payment.
- If $0 Trip Cost is displayed for Trip Cancellation on your confirmation of coverage, a maximum of $500 return air ticket is covered under Trip Interruption.
- Pre-existing conditions may be covered under the Accident & Medical Expense benefit if purchased within 14 days of your initial trip payment, if you insure the full non-refundable cost of the trip, and if you are not disabled from travel at the time you pay the plan cost. Losses due to, arising, or resulting from pre-existing conditions are normally excluded from coverage. However, such losses are covered on the same basis as losses due to, arising, or resulting from all other sicknesses and injuries if you qualify for the Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion Waiver.
The cost of your plan is a function of your total non-refundable travel costs – including the cost of your program and any connecting travel (e.g. flights). Not sure about your final travel costs? Purchase your plan now with the no-hassle option to modify your coverage amounts later.
|COST OF TRIP||STUDENT TRAVEL PROTECTION PLAN||STUDENT TRAVEL PROTECTION PLAN + CANCEL FOR ANY REASON|
|$15,001+||See: Individual Plan||See: Individual Plan|
- Scholarships for which you may be financially responsible to the donor in the event you cancel may be counted towards the cost of your travel.
- For travel over 30 days, a $5/day surcharge applies
Maximum trip length is up to 60 days for all states, except Hawaii. For Hawaii residents, a maximum trip length of 30 days applies.
- The rates above do not apply to residents of Pennsylvania, California, Hawaii, and Virginia. Obtain a quote to view these rates.
- If your travel costs will exceed $15,000, you can obtain similar coverage via an individual travel protection plan.
- Plans are fully refundable within 14 days from the date of purchase.
- The Student Travel Protection Plan may be booked up to a full day prior to departure. The Cancel for Any Reason supplement must be booked within 14 days of your initial trip payment.
Teen Travel Insurance is a project of Tlalim Tours Inc.
5185 Macarthur Blvd., NW #640 | Washington, DC 20016
Licensed by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners